Tuesday, March 17, 2020

I Am Not Perfect Too !!

We always pat on our back whenever we successfully handle one of the mess on our plate. We think we are perfect. But the wind changes and lands up another mess on your plate. I am not saying that the life is demotivating or full of hurdles always. I am saying nothing is perfect. I as an individual is also not perfect.

We all have internal struggles and personal challenges. Perfection is a goal that will forever remain impossible for any human being to achieve.

But I as a women see an expectation in other's eyes. It starts with a story being a teenage girl to a wife and to being a mom. At every stage of womenhood, we are expected to be "Perfect". A small mistake points a finger on our character, on our identity and there are lot of them around us, who will let us down for all these mistakes, each and every moment of your life.

Everyone has a history. Everyone must have done some mistake in their lives. Irrespective, a women is always seen as a pot full of mistakes, although the number of mistakes actually done are few in number.

When I got married, my in laws family had an expectation that I will take care of my husband well being, his health and his happiness. But why do they forget that its been just a short period of time that I am with him. His nature of attraction towards any thing that harms him and his health will not go so easily. In this course of life, they will never change their behavior of conduct instead. For them he is still a kid, and continue serving what is not prescribed and say with a big smile, "Its Love". Damn!! Please grow up. And now if his health deteriorates, I am always expected to push him to eat healthy, focus on his lifestyle and bla bla bla. They expect me to be perfect in handling this. But how?? If I do not get any support from his family and people around him, how could I really make it happen.

And this is just one experience. I have a long list of them. Honestly, being a human I also get tired, I also have emotions and get hurt. But still I try to do as much as possible. Start a day with a shout and go to bed with a shout. Always making me realize, I am just imperfect!!

Sadly, Imperfection is a mirror what is shown to me each and every day. But fact is no one is perfect. I am also not perfect. We women just work hard day in and day out to make things perfect for our loved one's. And yes sometimes, we do make few mistakes. But all our good doings cannot takeover such a small mistake.

I believe there are lot of women out there reading this and thinking about their moments of other people letting them down. Feel free to express here.

No comments:

Post a Comment