Sunday, March 22, 2020

Dilemma of Saying "NO"

I proudly say that I made to one of the most famous social platform "https://www.feedspot.com/" as Top 100 Women Blogs. I heartily thank you everyone to appreciate it. For more detail, you all can refer to https://blog.feedspot.com/women_blogs/. In fact, this achievement motivates me to write more about "Womenhood" and never say "NO" to writing and expressing myself through this means.

There has been lot of stages in women's life, where, they said "NO" to there wants , needs , likes and opportunities. In addition, in their daily life they struggle in saying "NO" to their loved one's. We all struggle in lot of situations, with a dilemma of saying "NO". I myself experience it on daily basis and struggle with it.

"NO" in itself holds a big meaning. It needs courage to say "NO" in many situations. Today, I want to express one of my experience here which always make me land into hurdles. 

Everyday I have to fight with saying "NO" to my loved one in a situation where I want to stop him from taking wrong steps like unhealthy eating. My husband is foodie. He loves food and craves for it. Unfortunately, he needs to follow a restricted diet. I know that is sad. A person loves eating but can't eat. Everyday, its a challenge that I face of reminding him of not to eat anything unhealthy. And honestly, saying "NO", when he is craving for it, is a biggest challenge. Being a human , if we stop anyone too much and restrict them, they tend to get irritated and frustrated. And ultimately, that irritation and frustration comes out on your loved one's. But sometimes its also makes your relationship weak. Yes, it is very difficult to tackle such situations. Most of the times it ends up in a fight.

Many times it does happen, that we feel helpless and upset, when we are not successful in stopping our loved one's from doing wrong thing. Our mind runs into multiple directions and feels dull and confused. When such challenges takes a direction of frustration, helplessness and tender relationships, it makes you weak and difficult to cope up. In fact, we give up and start moving into opposite direction. Unfortunately, that is leading to more complexities ahead of you.

In above situation, that I go through on daily basis, my brain gets tired of thinking how to handle such situation, that too on daily basis. An emotional side of my brain is connected to that person and feels upset about him. Whereas, practical side of my brain forces me to STOP him and say NO, because I know a wrong step today is piling up challenges for us in future. A healthy living is much needed out here, and one small step towards unhealthy areas, can makes us land up in bad situations. Everyday, this struggle of my life makes me feel tired and it does happen, I totally give up. But I am connected to that person, and ultimately cannot leave him like this. 

Although, I am still struggling to find solutions to it and existing into mess presently. But trying my best to find a solution to handle it in a better way. In fact, looking forward for you guys to tell me, how we can creatively say "NO" and work towards the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment